ASR, the Romanian Welding Society, is a professional, non-governmental and independent non-profit legal organization founded in 1990.
ASR has about 1000 individual and corporate members.
The ASR mission is to promote the welding in Romania and to support its members for offering to their customer’s high quality services harmonized at European and international level in the field of welding and allied processes.
For doing this the main activities of ASR are:
- Promotion and dissemination of technical knowledge through welding conferences, technical seminars, printing of technical books and of a welding journal “Sudura” (Welding)
- Promotion of the standardization in the field of welding, the ASR representative being head of the ASRO Technical Standardization Committees dealing with welding, allied processes and NDT
- Promotion of the image of welding and the career in welding engineering
- Contribution to the development and promotion of the implementation of the European/international qualification and certification system in welding by participation in the IAB activities and by organizing training and qualification courses as IAB/EWF Approved Training Body
- Participation in European and national funded projects dealing with R&D and vocational training
- Providing consultancy to the members.